Late night sentiments.

I really should be in bed, but haven't had a free second to work on my Young Women stuff for tomorrow. So here I am working on my lesson. And on my desktop is this picture.

I keep opening it to view it and then closing it to work on my lesson. But I can't leave it alone. I love her. Everything I love about her I can see in this picture. The cute curve in her nose, her long dark eyelashes, her meaty cheeks, and her plump bottom lip. Her business on top-party in back hairdo. (I am not sure when her full head of hair is going to grow in) but I still love it. And her cute shoulder muscles that no matter how hard I try-I just can't seem to get my arms to look like that. She was so thrilled with the licorice I gave her she was hugging it. It was also partly covered in dirt and she didn't even care. I love being her mom. I was having a little bit of an ornery mommy day today and Dylan took all of her food and dumped it on the floor. I looked at her and said..."really Dylan, REALLY" and she looked and me with a great big smile on her face and said "ya." We all started to giggle. She is so different from Logan. I am learning even more things about myself then I thought I could. Mostly my greater capacity to love, and my lack of patience. I am working on the latter.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. I love moments like that. When everything just clicks and you know why you exist and a certain child was sent into your life. Then, you can go on, with the rest of the crap.

Contact: Ashley Mills said...

I LOVE that picture, so cute!

Jackie said...

Hi shasta I just saw your blog its so cute. You have a beautiful family. How are you guys?

The Knight Family said...

Oh what a cute picture. She is adorable. Have you had anymore choking problems lately or is she doing better?