And the verdict is:

New allergies:


Milk
Soy
Corn
Oats
Chocolate (which we already knew)

I am still sulking. Hopefully I can figure this one out. I feel so overwhelmed. How do people eat and get nutrition if they are allergic to everything?

On a better note...he is not dying. We can manage...hopefully.

11 comments:

The Smith's said...

Shast- that is awful! I though chocolate was bad enough. Its a good thing he has such a good mom to help him adjust.

Amie said...

Hi Shasta! I was on Brittney Sedgwick's blog and clicked on something on her side bar that led me to your blog by mistake. I read your post about the kids and I wanted to tell you that you NEED to get in touch with Cami Russell (do you remember her?). Her kids have very similar allergies. They can't have gluten or milk and I'm not sure about the other stuff but she really has it down. She's figured out a lot of cooking and nutritional tricks. If you want to email me I'll get you her number. amielep@hotmail.com
Maybe there was a reason I clicked on your blog after all. :) Take care!

Meagan said...

Shasta, I also have a friend that has a daughter with similar allergies. If you'll email me I'll give you a link to her blog that contains all her recipes. You'll have to make some gluten-free substitutions, but some of her info might come in handy.

I'm so sorry!

Meagan said...

I forgot to give you my email... meggieloulou at gmail dot com

Baumgartners said...

Oh wow Shasta, that's HARD! I wish I had some good suggestions for you, but I have never run into this. But it sounds like there are lots of people out there that you can connect with! Good luck! You're tough so I know you can handle it. You don't do anything half way, so I know Logan (and you) will be just fine!

The Knight Family said...

Wow! I had never heard of Ciliac's disease until about a year ago and now I feel like there are more and more cases of it. It seems to be so common now. I'm glad that Logan will be feeling better, but that is going to be a lot of work for you. You probably have plenty of recipes by now, but I do have a friend who has it and i'm sure they could share some tips and more recipes. Let me know if you're interested. Good Luck!!

AEllsworth said...

Oh I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what we'd eat! I'm not a great cook so I can't help with any good recipes but if you need anything else let me know!!

Brittney said...

Wow Shasta that is so crazy! I agree with Amie, you should get in touch with Cami, I am sure that would be so helpful. I know in our ward their is a special tray for the sacrament for them and special treats in primary and everything. I love you, and I hope you figure this all out!

Alecia said...

Oh dear.

Howling Pickup said...

Shas- You are such a good mom. If anyone can do this, you can. I love you and I love living down the street from you!!

Contact: Ashley Mills said...

Shasta, my heart is breaking for you! If anyone can handle this, you can. Good luck, you are going to be quite the creative cook!