I just don't want to forget...

Logan has been having major anxiety lately about strangers/being lost/alone. He gets scared to go to bed thinking we will leave him alone (which we never have) and if I leave him in the car to drop something off at someone's house he freaks out because he thinks I am going to leave them alone in the car forever. And he is afraid if I go in their house that something will happen to me. I don't know what sparked it all, but the poor kid as pretty upset about it.

This morning at 4 a.m. he woke me up. He had been having a nightmare and was a little shaken up. I have not been getting very much sleep so I was having a really hard time waking up. I don't remember most of our conversation. But his description of the dream was mostly about strangers chasing him. They were kid strangers. I remember telling him that most strangers are good people and that we don't need to be afraid of them. We just don't go anywhere with strangers because we don't know if they happen to be one of the bad ones. It seemed to reassure him. He gave me a big hug and tucked his body next to mine on the edge of the bed. I wrapped my hand around his head and played with his hair trying to give him some comfort. I said "Logan, you are a good boy." He sat up, looked me in the eye and very lovingly touched my face then said "You are a good mother." Then he confidently walked out of my room and went back to bed.

He has never called me mother before. And the way he said it was so sweet and loving. At that moment I believed him. I really felt like a good mother. Sleep deprived and not even very coherent, and he still thought I was a good mother. So today...I am going to be a good mother. I really don't want him to change his mind.

3 comments:

Tiffany Nelson said...

Ahhh I love litte Gino!!!!

Stephanie said...

You Really are such a good mothe Shasta! Logan is so sweet. Loved this post. Miss you guys

Stephanie said...

Mother*