Me: Dylan, can you dig real deep down inside of you and find happy Dylan?
Logan (smiling): maybe I took the happy Dylan and that is why I am extra happy...look these are all the Logans, then he proceeded to pull every face you can imagine. Happy, sad, angry, ornery, upset, surprised, mad came with a grunt, and annoyed.
Me: That is alot of Logans.
Logan: ya, there really is. Then he put his hand on my face, looked me in the eye and very sincerely said "Mom, how was your day today?"

We had a really great conversation about church today. I told him about what I learned and he very intently listened. Then he started talking, and it didn't seem like he took a breath for 5 minutes. I learned that he HAD to sit by the teacher today because he and Ashlyn got split up because they were tickling each other. He also GOT to sit by the teacher because Kelson was kicking his legs and really bugging him. He was really worried about his teacher Sister Carter. She was home sick today. She tag teaches with Brother Carter, and since she was sick he didn't get a treat. That was rough. His sub teacher was Brother Degn. He had two sets of scriptures and an ipad. So he was really cool. But the lesson was not as good as the lesson he had 2 days ago in church (yes he really said two days) because Sister Carter told them that they shouldn't dare each other to do stuff, because a little boy dared his friend to run across the road and he did, and he got hit by the bumper and fell asleep then woke up in the hospital. But we can dare each other to choose the right. That is a good dare. So when I dare my friends, I am going to say "I dare you to choose the right." And his classroom meets in the kitchen. It is really cold in there so he wishes that he would have worn his long sleeved shirt today. But it is really cool because other kids don't get to meet in the kitchen. So it makes his class the best one.

Anyway, if you made it through that...I love it when we have these chats. I learn ALOT.

No comments: