Goobers

Keith helped the kids do their chores this morning so they could go outside and play. While making beds he discovered something pretty gross...if you have a weak stomach stop reading!

My kids have a bunkbed, Dylan sleeps on top and Logan sleeps on the full bed on bottom (it's bigger, and naturally the bigger kid gets the bigger bed, says Logan) Dylan's covers at the end of the top bunk are tucked under the mattress and sometimes hang down a little at the end of Logan's bed. Apparently Logan has been pretty lazy, and instead of getting out of bed to get a tissue he wipes his goobers on the blanket that hangs down. It shocked me, because he gets so grossed out by things like that! I thought for sure they couldn't be his! But he admitted to it. So tonight I made him get a tissue and scrape off all the goobers from the end of the bed. It made my stomach roll just thinking about doing it, and it made him gag the whole time. Sometimes I think parenting is hilarious. I am hoping next time he thinks about doing that he will remember HE has to clean it up. Then maybe...just maybe he will muster up enough energy to get out of bed, walk the 2 feet to his desk and grab a tissue.

Tomorrow he is going to learn how to use the washer, then how to make the bed on the top bunk. I will let you know in 20 years if my parenting skills measure up.

It cracks me up this parenting journey. I really thought my parents knew everything. I am still amazed at how smart my mom is. She just seems to know what to do, how to do it, and for how long. In the spirit if Mother's Day, I sure hope that I am doing something right as a mother. I love my kids. I love being a mom. I don't love goobers, but I did secretly love watching him be completely grossed out by cleaning them up.

Happy Mother's Day. I hope you are enjoying the journey.

P.S. All photos taken courtesy of my early Mother's Day gift...my iphone. BEST...THING...EVER!







3 comments:

Aimee said...

Shasta I love reading your blog!! You have the most beautiful children & I am sure you are an incredible mother!

Hoggan and Julie said...

You are already a better mother than I am. I learn from you all the time. You are simply amazing!

Hoggan and Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.