
Well, Keith and I celebrated our 5th anniversary this year. I can't believe that we have been married for 5 years. It sure went by fast! 3 moves and 2 babies later! I thought it would be nice if he didn't have to worry about our anniversary this year so I asked him if I could have the money and do something that we would both like. Being a guy, he was happy to pass the buck. So I started re-doing our bedroom (without him knowing) I had been planning on doing this for a while so I already had everything picked out I just had to buy it. Well...as things go, the bed I wanted was out of stock and they don't know if they will be making it anymore. The bedding that I had picked out was sold out, and could not find anywhere for a decent price. So I had to start from square one. But in the end it was worth it. Alot of secret shopping (thanks Mikah and Stephanie), ironing (thanks Julie), and hiding, here is the final result. p.s. the pictures don't really do it justice.

My brother Matt came on Friday morning after Keith left for work. We painted, hung curtains, pictures, decorations. We finished at 2:30. Only because Julie took Logan for most of the day...thanks again. When Keith came home we went to Zupas for dinner because it is our new favorite place. I told him that we were going to take the family and stay at a suite. So we needed to go home and pack. When we got home we all went upstairs and Keith laughed when he saw the sign that said "welcome to the 5th anniversary bed and breakfast Knight Suite" He opened the door and actually looked surprised. He suspected something for our bedroom, but had n o idea it was an entire makeover. He liked it, but did say that the best thing about it was that I got what I wanted and he didn't have to do anything. :) Men.
Happy 5th babe, glad I get to be your wife.
Number 5!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Way, WAY cute! I knew it would be. You have such great taste! I can't wait to see it in person to get the full effect.
Congrats on the anniversary! It was fun having you guys down here to do tomatoes. Thanks for helping with my salsa!
It looks awesome, Shasta!
look so good!! It was so fun hanging with you today. You're the best :)
You are AMAZING!!! I definitely need you to come over and help me make some decorating choices. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Happy 5th Anniversary guys!! And what a wonderful bedroom makeover. I might have to steal that idea someday as our bedroom is in desperate need of a makeover. (Actually our whole house needs a decorating makeover). Anyway, glad you got to surprise your hubby and get your bedroom makeover. It looks awesome.
Happy 5 year. Andrew and I had our 5 year in June! The bedroom looks gorgeous. Hope you are all doing well!
Thats a cute idea to surprise your hubby!! Congrats on 5 years!
OK no joke, I saw the title for this blog, and as the page continued loading my first thought was "#5...oh my gosh are you pregnant again?!?!" Then the page completed loading, I regained my regular heart beat and I read all about your fabulous bedroom makeover. I watch plenty of HGTV to know that you did a fantastic job...good work you!
I love your new room, but I'm not going to lie when I saw that your title for the post was number 5 I was thinking that you were adding the fifth family member to your little knight clan!! I was a little disappointed to see that it was just your anniversary! Just kidding I can't believe you've been married that long, we are not that old!!! Tell Keith I said Hi! I hope all is well for you guys!
I was going through old emails and found your invite to your blog! How are you? We really miss you in our ward! I hope all is going well! I saw that sad post about Logan and his tonsils, that is terrible, I am so sorry! It is rough when kids don't understand why they are in pain! Well, stay in touch and I will add you to my blogroll, so keep your blog going! Congrats on the 5 Years!
Post a Comment