Sweet Mommy Moment




This story may not seem like much, but I think it would have to be one of my favorite moments I have ever had with this little guy. I was on my computer in the kitchen. Dylan was drinking a bottle on the living room floor, and Logan was just playing trucks waiting for her to be done. I was totally zoned into an e-mail when I heard Logan singing "I love Jesus, I am trying to be like Jesus, Jesus loves me and Dyl." I look into the living room and Dylan is done with her bottle lying on her belly surrounded by lots of toys. Logan had surrounded her and was proud of himself because he had made her happy. Hence the song. I went into the living room and gave him a big hug and told him thank you for trying to be like Jesus. I explained to him that he was like Jesus because he shared and was being extra nice to his sister. I then went back into the kitchen to do my thing. He laid on the couch and started singing "I am trying to be like Jesus." (Yes, I am retarded for not realizing that the learning moment was not over.) He doesn't know all the words to the song so he nicely asked me if I would sing him the song. So I did, really slowly and as sweet as I could I started singing in the kitchen. He smiled at me over and over-so sweetly. As I was singing he was taking big happy breaths. (the kind of breath you take when you feel the spirit) I then felt overwhelmed as well. I joined him on the couch and we finished the song together. Both of us a little choked up. He then asked if we could sing another. So I started singing "I am a Child of God." He soaked in the entire song. He stared at me with the sweetest big brown eyes I have ever seen. Then one more time asked if I would sing "the Jesus song" (I am trying to be like Jesus) so we sang it again. At the end of the song it says "love one another as Jesus loves you" and as I sang that part he started tapping my heart and then his heart over and over. Then said he loves you mom, and me. After we finished the song I got one more hug and away he went-moment over. So sweet-so tender. I love him, and I know Jesus loves him.

5 comments:

Baumgartners said...

Oh, that is SO sweet! You really do have a sensitive little guy. Moments like those don't happen often enough.

Brittney said...

That is the sweetest story I have ever heard. Savor that sweet moment!

Josh and Ashley said...

Logan definitely has a heart of gold. Thank you for sharing that sweet story Shasta....it's moments like those that I feel the spirit the most and realize just how close these little ones are to our Heavenly Father.

Simmons Family said...

I'm totally prego and totally choking back the tears. I feel like Brayden will never get to this stage. He's always so hyper I can't imagine having such a sweet moment. Thanks for sharing-it made my day.

Croslands said...

Great story and so glad that you've logged something so sweet.