I asked Logan "if you could have anything in the whole world for your birthday breakfast...what would it be?"
Without any hesitation he replied, "A pancake cake. I saw it on the pancake box. A pile of pancakes with white stuff (whipped cream) and a cherry on top."




So that is exactly what he got. I was so excited about it that I couldn't sleep because I was afraid I wouldn't wake up in time to have them ready by 7:00. I think it was more fun for me. He didn't even like the cherry. He just wanted it for looks. I made buttermilk pancakes, with homemade buttermilk syrup. If you haven't discovered the beauty of using buttermilk instead of milk or water then you are missing out. They are soooo good. They make moist pancakes, and Logan could just slide his fork from the top through all 24 pancakes. He actually ate about 1/3 of the plate!




Me: "I can't believe you are so old."
Logan: "I know, I can't believe I am 8!"
I had to remind him all day that he was 6. He even told Grandma Julie he was 8. I think he was trying to trick us, because we told him he can have a pocket knife and a bb gun when he turns 8. He had high hopes that this would be the year.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Logan
Happy Birthday Logan, we love you bud!! Shast- I can't believe he is 6! I remember when he was so little. Man they grow too fast. He is such a stud. Hope he had a great birthday!
Post a Comment