Keith and I were talking about something and it was a heated conversation in the car. (In our defense we were both angry at the same thing.) Logan piped up in the back "Girls, girls, your both pretty, can I go home now?"
*he got the line from Megamind and thought he was pretty hilarious. At the time it really was.
****************************
Me: What would you like?
Dylan: Those things we had for breakfast I want more of them.
Me: German pancakes...I think they are gone.
Dylan: Well thats what I want.
Me: I found 1 in the fridge and heated it up, put it on a plate and handed it to her.
Dylan: I said I didn't want this I want something else.
Me: You asked for German pancakes, would you like jam or syrup on it?
Dylan: Jam, but I want something else.
Me: I put the jam on the german pancake and handed it back to her.
Dylan: (yelling) I didn't say jam I said syrup. I don't want this and I am never going to eat it.
She then proceeded to walk to the table and ate the whole thing. For some reason MOST of our conversations are like this. Any advice on the matter would be helpful.
*********************************
Our dinner table conversation today.
Logan: Mom, did you know that when you were at the store Dad fell asleep on the floor while we were playing trucks?
Me: I believe it. Did you know Dad can fall asleep anywhere if you give him a minute?
Logan: Yeah, I think he should be a sleepster.
Keith: I do think sleeping should become my hobby.
Logan: Actually it would be cool if Dad could get all the money in the world for sleeping. Like if I paid you all my money right now and you could sleep for 100 days. Would you do it?
I had to laugh. Apparently a "Sleepster" is a career. How do I sign up?
************************************
Dylan was crying because she wants "something". This is a regular thing, then you have to figure out what it is... SHE usually doesn't even know. She finally narrowed it down to "something to sleep with". When Keith asked her what she wanted she replied, "Something tiny and big."
1 comment:
Your kids are hilarious! I think Dylan and Maddie would get along really well because they sound so much alike! I have that exact conversation with Maddie when it comes to any meal, and naps. Naptime goes like this: Maddie:"I'm not sleepy" Me: Lets go sit on your bed and read a book. Maddie: Okay but I'm not sleepy. (We read a book) Me: Okay, have a good sleep! Maddie: okay, but I'm not sleepy. Me: Sweet dreams Maddie: Sweet dreams. (She's out in minutes)
So funny, but so frustrating at the same time. I deal with it better at some times than at others!
Post a Comment