3 pennies

Me: Dylan, please go brush your teeth. Don't make me ask again.

Dylan: (standing very still holding Logan's Lego motorcycle that she just ran all the way downstairs to get) But I got a motorcycle and Logan said I can't move.
Me: LOGAN, YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF YOUR SISTER. You can't tell her what to do! Dylan you don't have to do what he says, put the motorcycle down and go brush your teeth please.

Dylan looks at me kind of in a panic, then at her brother, then back at me without moving anything but her eyes. Logan then walks out of the bathroom towards Dylan VERY slowly and confidently.

Logan: See mom, she would rather have a penny.

Then he went to his room grabbed 3 pennies and paid her for:
1. Running downstairs to get his motorcycle.
2. Holding still so it didn't break.
3. Sharing her Legos with him.

Dylan squealed with glee when she got 3. Logan was kind of mad when he realized she would have done all of it for only 1 penny.

****Side note: I don't pay my kids for chores or bribe them with money. I don't know where the idea came from or how long this has been going on. Don't know what I am going to do about it so if you have any suggestions let me know. I think it's funny, but I would much rather Logan get his own motorcycle or have Dylan get it for him just to be nice.

No comments: