Christmas


I love Christmas! I didn't think anything could be better than the feeling of excitement I always had growing up. Getting new pj's on Christmas eve, then not being able to sleep because I was so excited for Santa to come. Opening all of my surprises to the light of the Christmas tree, and eating my very own box of cold cereal for breakfast. But, I found something better. Being Santa. Not the buying or wrapping part, but feeling more excited about watching others receive than actually receiving myself. The anticipation of seeing Logan's reaction, and hearing him say "thank you Santa!" was better than any feelings I got when I was young. Maybe I should rephrase that, because I loved it just as much then as I do now. It is an awesome feeling to see your kids happy and excited about something. I want to create for Logan and Dylan those same feelings I had as a kid. Although he was a little overwhelmed when he saw all the presents under the tree and realized that Santa really did come, he warmed up to the idea and loved all the presents. We didn't get any very good photos because every time he opened something new he had to show Grandpa Hoggan first. He piled all his presents at Grandpa's feet and gave all his Christmas ooh's and ahh's to Grandpa. But it was fun to see him excited and process it all. I look forward to more Christmas's with my little family. We tried really hard to let Logan know that we celebrate Christmas because the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. His relation to the whole thing is that Jesus loves Santa, and Santa loves Jesus. I guess it is a start. When we got home from Delta I put all of Logan's new cars and trucks on his new car rug and rolled it up to take them down stairs. It was heaping and Logan said, "mom, I am so lucky, look at all my stuff." "You are so lucky," I said, "actually you are so blessed." "Your right mom, I am so blessed."

No comments: