New Year's Ugly Sweater Party!


This picture speaks for itself. I had a great time at this party. I don't know about everyone else, but I think this should definitely be a tradition. The picture made my sweater glow, but I looked even worse than the picture proves. Jayne and Don took our kids for the night, so we were free to do what we wanted. Logan was so excited to have a special sleep over at Grandma's house, when Keith dropped them off Logan said, "have a good time Dad." We were happy that he was okay with us doing our own thing that night.

We set up this nasty eagle backdrop with the Poinsettia and had a fun photo-shoot. I don't even dare post the other pictures. I caught people staring at me in disgust the entire night. I don't think I have ever looked uglier, but I sure had fun! It was a great way to bring in the new year.

10 comments:

Burke Family said...

That is awesome! I love it.

Baumgartners said...

Oh, my gosh! That is even better than you described on the phone. I want you to wear your hair like that to church on Sunday!

Nicki Swilor said...

This is so funny! I especially love your hair! Way to go all out.

Anonymous said...

We had a great time! I thought it was really fun although next time we will dress up for sure! I wanted to but luke was being a bum about it so he wouldn't do it! not that that's a surprise to anyone but i loved seeing all the things you guys came up with though! Now we can be prepared for next time! oh and luke was pretty bummed he left his Hanna Montana comb and mirror! :) we forgot our prizes! oh well! i didn't do it on purpose though! but thanks for inviting us! we hardly ever get to do things with just the two of us and no baby! it was alot of fun!

Callie said...

Love the picture, you guys look awesome!

AEllsworth said...

You guys are so awesome!! love the pic! So it wasn't like an everyone wear an ugly sweater party?? It was just you guys playin it cool?! :D How fun!!

Scott and Siobhan said...

Dude I love the hair. Keith looks like Chandler off of friends. Hey i am putting my blog to private so i'll need your email.

The Briggs Clan said...

Hey Shasta... I have been meaning to leave a comment forever...I think your family is so cute! I also am a way big fan of your card website. I am taking classes right now on digital desktop.... I am so excited. I probably wont ever do anything with it other than for myself, but it has been way fun learning new things. I locked my blog, If you want an invite just let me know! :)

The Briggs Clan said...

sorry I forgot to leave you my email...briggsfamily15@gmail.com

Stephanie said...

Nice!!! Where did you get that sweater and the hair do? I'm glad you had fun. Also, it sounds like you had a good christmas. I agree with you about loving being the Santa. There must be something in the Nelson genes because Zac is totally obsessed with my Mom just like you say Logan is with your Dad.

Steph